Monday, April 19, 2010

Preggo Update

Today I am 28 weeks pregnant. I can’t say that I remember being this uncomfortable at this point with Hailey, but that may be because the whole episode of being pregnant is way more exciting the first time. I am excited to get a baby at the end, but pretty much being pregnant is just annoying. It could also be because I have successfully managed to gain all of the 30 pounds I intended to gain over the course of the 40 weeks…and I still have 12 weeks to go…
While I DO think being pregnant is amazing, and love feeling the baby move, I HATE being fat, and chasing a 3 yr old around in this condition is tough.
People always says that every pregnancy is different, and that is one of those sayings I did not believe until I got to experience it. This pregnancy is very different. I felt great right up till the end with Hailey, and currently I have started finding ways to do normal household chores sitting down. I have been having weird and slightly painful contractions for the past few days, but they tend to stop if I rest a lot and drink a lot of water, so I try to do that…except then I have to go the restroom even more. Its not so bad when I am at work, because I sit at my desk for the most part and drink water continuously, but weekends are exhausting. We have so much to do to get ready, plus its spring so we have cleaning and yard work, not to mention the very active little girl who thinks her Mommy should jump on the trampoline with her.
As Hailey’s birthday was Saturday April 17th, we were forced to start the process of getting the baby’s room together…mostly because it is what is currently the guest room and we couldn’t even walk in there. Jon’s parents visited for Hailey’s birthday weekend, so we needed to get started in order for them to have a place to sleep. It was much needed motivation. I will post before and after pictures when – and if- we ever finish it. I feel better that it is started, but we still have a long way to go, and really not that much time, between work, TDY’s, and our upcoming St Thomas vacation. At least we can walk in that room now, although now we can barely move in the garage, and my car resides in the driveway.
Hailey is very excited about the baby, and gives my belly lots of hugs and kisses. She has felt the baby move, and asks all the time if her baby is awake. Many of her sentences start with “When my baby gets out of your belly…..”. I am pretty sure she thinks she is going to get a full grown “baby” sister to play with. If you ask her, she will tell you that her baby sisters’ name is Aubrey, which we are pretty sure it will be, however I still really like Kayla.
My last check up at the fabulous Langley Women’s Health clinic was uneventful. They have still not been able to get my operation report from Mountain Home, and therefore we still do not know for sure that I am allowed to try to have a VBAC. I desperately want to have a VBAC, and do not understand why they can’t get the report, but at the same time, I am not surprised. I am hoping that as I get closer to my due date the clinic will try a little harder, I guess, but again, not holding my breath.
I tried to make my next appointment with a specific doctor because I am going to need a note from her to travel to St Thomas with ( I am going to be 33 weeks when we go – I am hoping to start a whole new trend of beach sexy). I was told that I am not allowed to see a “doctor” for my appointments, because I am not having a complicated pregnancy. My appointments have to be with the nurse practitioners or midwifes, which is fine, except the doctor I wanted to see already knew about the trip and was ok with it. I asked the desk person what I could do and she said “ Well, you could get a complicated pregnancy, but I don’t think you want that.” Sooo helpful. Its almost amusing to see what kind of obstacle will be implemented at each appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your beach sexy pix! :) Enjoy your trip...and I say get Jon on the horn to Mtn. Home and tell them to get those records sent. Jonathan always has better luck with that stuff than I do. Enjoy your last few weeks with a baby who eats on her own and can't cry yet. :) I think you look great.

    ReplyDelete