Monday, April 19, 2010

My baby is 3!


Hailey is a big girl – heaven forbid we use the word “little” to describe anything in relation to her…she gets very offended because she is BIG! However, she will still snuggle, and tells me that she will be my baby “forebber”. I absolutely adore her at this age, and hope she doesn’t get any older. I realize that this is impossible, and think that I will probably feel the same way when she turns 4,5, 6 and so on (maybe not the teenage years, but I really don’t see how that can be so bad) but she has recently turned into a very fun, agreeable, and easy child who is friendly, helpful, and has nice manners. I can’t wait to see her in the morning and rush to get her after work. She talks constantly and amazes us daily with the things she knows. I attribute much of the recent changes in her behavior to her new sitter, Mrs. Jen. Jen does a lot of things the same way that we do, and the consistency between her day time care and us is working. Hailey helps pick up her toys, often volunteers to do it, she says “please” and “thank you”, often without being prompted. Instead of “Gimme that” she now says “May can you please get me…or May can I please have…” We all think the “May-can-I” is cute, so we don’t try to correct her grammar. She is still a terrible eater and the queen of snacking, and regardless of how big she thinks she is, in reality she is quite small. We weighed her with all her clothes on at the pool and she weighed 27 lbs and is about 34 inches tall.

Here are some pictures from her birthday!
Hailey and Andrea on the swing Getting ready to open her presents Her "big" present from Mommy and Daddy
Hopefully she won't harm herself on this latest fabulous craigslist purchase!






1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Hailey! What a sweet update by your mommy. ;)

    ReplyDelete