Sunday, October 10, 2010

grass

Why?

That is all that kept going through my head…why why why why why?

When we bought our house 2 ½ years ago we knew that the trim on the outside needed to be painted. We even bought the paint to do it, but it has never been done. For some reason that is beyond my comprehension, Jon decided that the PERFECT time for this project was the weekend before I started back to work. (Beacause I wasn't stressed at all that weekend)

He convinced me that renting this machine was going to save him a bunch of time. This way he wouldn’t have to climb up and down the ladder and move it all the time. I even justified the $200 rental fee - It seemed to make sense, until it took him 2 hours to pick it up from the rental place and an additional 2 hours to get ready to use it. He was so excited to use it – which is great because he spent all weekend outside and still didn’t even manage to get the whole project finished.


We are now paying some friend of our neighbor’s to finish painting our house.

But, the house painting project wasn’t enough torture for one week. Jon had a bunch of Use-or –Lose Leave to use in September, so he was off the first two days of the week I went back to work. It was nice to have him home just in case one of the girls didn’t adjust to going to Mrs. Jen’s, or if we needed him for some other unforeseen emergency.


He decided to use his time off to work on his never ending lawn project. I think he is obsessed with the grass, and I have a list of issues directly related to his obsession with grass. I think if he could get away with it, he would sit outside and watch it grow. Because he can’t do that, he decided to plant some in this play-doh container and watch that instead. He was taking a picture of it everyday, but I threatened him, so he stopped. Now he just reads about growing grass, waters the grass, measures how much he is watering the grass, observes how all our neighbors are growing their grass, and talks to me about grass constantly. Oh, and moves his Play-doh container from window to window in our house trying to keep it from Hailey inqusitive little fingers.

We have one particular neighbor who has beautiful grass and he desperately wants to know what this guy does. As we were driving into our subdivision last night we drove by their house and he said, “I KNOW what it is now! He has a WOMAN who is helping him!” The wife was outside watering. I told him that maybe he should go try and find himself a woman to help him.


His projects and his obsession with his projects makes me crazy, but then there are moments like this that remind me how great he is. Not just any daddy knows the names of all the Disney Princesses and all of Strawberry Shortcake’s friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! I had a good laugh at this! Sounds a lot like Tyler. One good reason for having so much rain this summer is that I didn't have to water our grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This post had me laughing out loud! So funny!

    ReplyDelete