Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Special Sense of Style

Buying Hailey’s clothes is probably my #1 favorite activity and I spend a lot of time doing it. I take it very seriously – especially since her clothes get handed down to my niece Rowan, then back for Aubrey, and I have a feeling that my sisters new baby is going to be a girl who will get to wear some of them too. (I don’t think she will wear all, because being 4th in line, she just may need to get some new stuff. Toddler girls can be tough on clothes too.)

However, Hailey could care less about her clothes. She only wants to wear dresses, her gymnastics/dance clothes, or nothing at all. Most mornings are a war over what she is going to wear, and she is in complete disarray by the time I pick her up. Last week I picked her up from Mrs. Jen’s to go to gymnastics and she had on her pastel pink velvet leotard, bright pink yoga pants, red socks, black and white polka dot shoes, and he blue Cinderella fleece jacket. Not to mention she took her ponytail out, so her hair was everywhere and looked as if it hadn’t been combed in a week. To make matters worse, I had to take her to Target dressed like that because we needed to get formula.

This weekend one of our neighbors gave Hailey a bunch of Hawaiian print muu-muu’s to wear. She wants to wear them everywhere. She put this get up together while we were cleaning the house.

Notice the Hawaiian dress on backwards under all the bag lady gear. Shortly after I took this picture she got her shopping cart out and loaded it up with some stuffed animals to take for a walk. Later that night she insisted on wearing one of the baby’s blanket sleepers (size 3 months) to bed. She managed to get her arms and feet in but couldn’t move. She wanted Jon to carry her up to her bed like that so she could go to sleep. We took a picture but it is borderline –not – appropriate- for the internet, but good blackmail for the teenage years.

Every once in awhile I win the fight. Here are my girls looking cute and happy and Hailey’s hair is even under control! I got her to wear jeans (she HATES jeans) by telling her she could wear her tap shoes to school. They aren't tap shoes, but she doesn't need to know that.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn (Lutsky) ArmstrongDecember 3, 2010 at 2:23 AM

    I am looking forward to going through all this with Avery. Your blog makes me laugh so hard! And for once I have time to actually read it -Mike is TDY and Avery actually went to sleep in her crib...Right now I get to pick out the cute outfits - but I think Mike and I will really enjoy when A picks out a bag lady outfit :) You are so good at posting stuff - I am horrible at updating our website!

    ReplyDelete