Sunday, October 31, 2010

Drippy Halloween

The week of Halloween was hectic for us, to say the least. My beloved husband volunteered himself to go to Las Vegas for the week to fly with a squadron there so that he could get some more flying time. Being the understanding pilots wife that I am, I told him that I thought that was a fantastic idea and that I understand that we all need to support the mission. (sarcasm…drip…drip…drip)

Oh, I forgot the part where the Friday before he left on that trip he came home from work and told me that we are moving. Surprise! You might ask, shouldn’t we have been expecting a new assignment? And the answer is yes, it is about that time and we would have been, except that we thought we were all staying at Langley for a bit longer. And I certainly was not expecting a report date of Feb 01 (which, when we got his paperwork earlier this week we discovered is actually Feb 10). And I also wasn’t expecting to be returning to Tyndall AFB, FL for a third time.

Now that some time has passed and we have thought about it, and talked, and formulated a plan, we are excited. I think it is a very good fit for Jon – he is going to be a great instructor – now he will have people that are REQUIRED to listen to him talk about jets. When we move I am going to retire, and start my second career attempt at Stay At Home Mom. I am very excited for that change – as I have come to the profound realization that TWO children are twice the amount of work as one. I feel like I am running a marathon that has no end most of the time – and there are certainly not enough hours in the day/week for me to do everything that needs done, not to mention the things I would like to do. Plus I have to support the mission…drip…drip…

But anyway, more on our upcoming move later when we actually know something.
Back to Halloween! Hailey had a party at preschool and I left work early so that I could be there with her. She is such a good girl at preschool and I love watching her in that environment. Her teacher says she is her little helper – she tells all the kids what to do and when. She loves being the “line leader” and was chosen to be the line leader on party day which meant she got to lead the costume parade. I took video, but can’t figure out how to post it.
The back of her costume
Her class picture

My cute Butterfly (no I did not make her costume - some nice person with an Etsy website made it for me)

Right before Trick-or-Treating

We spent most of Halloween day rushing around trying to get our house in order so we could take pictures and post it for sale. We are considering trying to sell it ourselves, but haven't managed to post it yet, so we will see what happens with that. Trying to remove the baby paraphenalia and toddler clutter from the pictures was a challenge and we ran out of time and never carved our pumpkins. At least we GOT pumpkins this year - last year we forgot and then couldn't find any when we tried to get some on Halloween. Maybe next year we will get pumpkins AND carve them...baby steps for this family!

Our little kitty and Jon's mask that scared all the neighborhood kids but made our daughters laugh

Sleepy Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment