Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This IS the most interesting stuff I've got !

We have become really boring around here, but it should pick up a bit in the near future with some fun upcoming events like Hailey's birthday, Easter celebrations, and a much anticipated visit from Marsha, JJ & Jace!

But until then, this is the best I can do. 

 Look!  I taught Aubrey to give herself a bottle!  Hailey did not hold her own bottle the entire time she required one, so this is an AMAZING development for Jon and me.  She still prefers for me to hold her and her bottle (and I prefer that too) but out of necessity (like when I am putting groceries away and the ice cream is melting) she will happily feed herself. This picture is of the second time she did it, but it was the first time Hailey saw it.  Hailey was very concerned and said she would sit right there just in case Aubrey needed her help.  And of course, Lucy was right there too. 


For those who haven't has the pleasure of meeting Lucy, here she is.  Lucy is Hailey's favorite doll, and she has been through a lot.  Recently her head exploded and Hailey's Nana had to sew her brains back in.  Shortly thereafter she somehow got covered in candle wax and syrup, so I put her in the washing machine.  She survived that only to be attacked with some Tinker Bell lip gloss.  Poor, poor Lucy.
A big deal in Hailey's world right now is "Playdates".  She plays with all the neighborhood kids on a daily basis, but that doesn't compare to when a friend comes over to her house to play.  Last week I watched a little girl from her school for a day, and also this little guy who is the son of one of the guys in Jon's squadron.  I really enjoy having an extra 4 yr old around - they entertain themselves for the most part which gives me a break from Hailey's constant needs!

Aubrey loves dogs - any dog big or small and she starts talking to them.  She has special love for Rolo, and he just soaks it up.  Roxy runs from her and spends a lot of time hiding in the bathroom.  This video is a normal day in the life of Rolo and Aubrey - this goes on all day.  Unfortunately Rolo currently has an ear infection and got ANOTHER ear hematoma from shaking his head, so he is a lot of pain.  Its being treated and I got the hematoma drained today so he is feeling better.  Its good, because Aubrey has no mercy.  











No comments:

Post a Comment