Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good Day!

I will start with stating that, overall, yesterday went very well for Hailey at Mrs. Jen’s. Jen sent me a text at about 1PM letting me know that she was doing great, ate her lunch, and had taken a very short nap. Hailey is teetering on being ready to give up her nap, but she definitely still needs about an hour and a half to her get her thru the day pleasantly. I left work a little early and when I got there, she was very happy to see me. Jen said she had gotten a little weepy in the last hour, which I am sure was mostly because she was tired, but otherwise she had had a good day.

In the car, on the way home, Hailey said,
“Mama, do we frow outside?”
I didn’t understand so I asked her to say it again.
Hailey: “You know, do we FROW outside?”
Me: “do you mean throw, like a ball?”
Hailey: “Yeah, do we frow outside, not inside?”
Me: “Yes we throw outside, it’s not nice to throw inside.”
Hailey: “Oh, ok.”

I wondered to myself what she could have been doing that would be the cause of learning this lesson. I would have tried to get her to explain, but when I looked in the rearview mirror I saw a sleeping little girl. It does take a lot of energy to be a good girl all day. She stayed asleep when I moved her from the car to the couch. She woke up around 6 and was very snuggly and didn’t want to be away from me. I enjoyed cuddling her, and I had expected her to unleash all of her pent up anxiety and emotions from the day, so I was relieved that it was not being expressed with screaming and tantrums, and just my little girl wanting to be held.


She is still terrified of the dark as a result of her nightmare on Saturday night, so we had to get her a nightlight for in her room last night. This morning she told me to be sure and shut it off so it doesn’t run out of batteries because she will need it again tonight when its nite-nite time.

This morning she asked, “Where I going?”
Me: “You are going to Mrs. Jen’s” – Jon and I are both holding our breath at this point hoping that she doesn’t freak out…
Hailey: “AGAIN!” Big smile, and runs to Jon “Daddy, I get to go to Mrs. Jen’s again today!”

When we got in the car she informed me that she was not going to frow inside today and she was also not going to bump heads with Baby Bennett. I told her that that was good, and she is a good girl. I asked Jen what had happened yesterday to cause Hailey to be so concerned with throwing, and she said that Hailey had thrown a book and it hit Bennett, who cried, so Hailey went to give him a kiss and he pulled her hair, so she cried. Jen told her that big girls only throw outside, and Hailey responded with “My daddy lets me frow inside!”

Oh,man.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the day went good for you! I thought about you all yesterday, wondering. Hope the rest of the week goes just as smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete