Thursday, July 14, 2011

Catch UP To Us!

We have been so busy - I have no idea how I ever had a job and did everything else too.  I realize that I did not have as many activities, and that we had a babysitter who was fabulous, but still I have trouble remembering how I managed.  Jon says that I am more relaxed and he loves that we don't have to spend the whole weekend catching up on housework and other chores.  I love it too - its been seven months and I am still very grateful that I am able to be at home with our girls.  

Right after Hailey's preschool year ended we had her dance recital.  She was adorable and loved every minute of it.  Dance is a very expensive extracurricular activity and the recital was painful, to say the least, but she was so proud and so cute.

 The picture below is her little friend Caroline, who is her BFF.  They were in the same class last year and will be together again for this school year.  We have a weekly playdate with Caroline and her siblings (she is one of six) and her mom is one of my favorite new friends.
 Jon and Hailey have lots of adventures.  He tries to take her somewhere and do something special every weekend.  Sometimes we go along, but mostly I keep the little one and they go do scary dirty stuff.
 This time we went along, and it of course decided to thunderstorm, so Aubrey and I got to spend 2 hours in the car. 
 Hailey had swim lessons the first two weeks of summer and by the end of the first day she was swimming on her own with no flotation devices.  Aubrey REALLY wanted to swim too, but she had to stay in baby jail

 Above and below, my trouble makers.  

 These two pictures (above and below) are of Hailey's first swim meet.  Right after she learned to swim she tried out for the Panama City Summer Splashes Swim Team.  She has practice 4x a week and swim meets every week too.  IT has kept us very busy, but more on that later

 Some of the wildlife outside our house.  Jon is fascinated and insists on showing me and photographing everything he finds.  We are up to four snakes and the scorpion shown below.
 I decided that I needed to learn how to sew, so I bought a sewing machine on craigslist for $20.  I made this dress and the skirts the girls are wearing below.  They aren't perfect, the machine has been completely taken apart and repaired twice by my loving husband, but I am still determined and enjoying it.

 THE SCORPION I MENTIONED
 more 4th of July photos taken by our friend Tiffany

 Above is us at the pool in Tiffany's neighborhood, where we tend to spend lots of time. THe extra little girl below is Tiffany's daughter Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment