Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Adventure (yes, I am aware that it is almost Christmas)

Our impending move to Florida required us to change our holiday plans. We finally went to Washington DC to visit Jon's brother - Uncle Chris - and his wife - Crazy Aunt Ruth. Sadly they have lived just three hours away the entire time that we have lived in Virginia, and this was the first time we went there to see them.

I got the bright idea that we should see the sights of Washington DC while we were there. In general, I have a short attention span and low tolerance for museums and monuments, and therefore, in retrospect, I have no idea why I thought this would be fun. Jon loves that kind of thing, and Hailey usually enjoys going anywhere. I told Jon to pick one museum because I knew I wouldn't make it through any more than that. He chose the Museum of Natural History. Approximately 5 minutes into our museum tour Hailey started asking where the door was...and if we were done yet..and if we were heading towards the outside. It was very amusing for me. Aubrey promptly fell asleep, and Jon kept trying to get Hailey interested, but the only thing she was interested in was the gift shop and finding the door to the outside.

When we walked out the door (finally) she spotted the carousel and was very excited to go see that!
Then Jon wanted to walk all the way to the capitol building...and after a little bit I convinced him that we could probably take a picture of it and the Washinton Monument from right where we were. So we did, and THEN he made us all go to the Air and Space Museum, even though I had told him he only got to choose one museum and it was not my fault that he chose poorly and made us go to the most boring musem EVER.

Begrudgingly, I went to that museum too, and like the good little Daddy's Girl that Hailey is, she thoroughly enjoyed the "airplane museum".

Aubrey and I hung out on a bench and had a bottle...

After the museum adventure we went to Uncle Chris's house and then out to dinner with them. Hailey was exhausted at this point and had a complete and total meltdown and probably scared Crazy Aunt Ruth from having children ever - although it was actually her who got her to calm down and act normal for the duration of the meal.

The next morning we went to Ruth's mom's house to celebrate Turkey Day and Nana and Papa drove down and were there too.


Here is Nana and my smiley happy baby in her super cute dress that some nice Etsy person made me.

My Cuties


Crazy Aunt Ruth, Uncle Chris and their two favorite nieces

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up!! DC is so hard to do with kids. Its big and you really need a lot of days to see all the, ahem, boring museums. I kinda agree....A&S was boring.

    Hopefully crazy aunt Ruth either does not read this blog, or she knows you call her that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailey calls "Crazy Aunt Ruth" that - she thinks its her name, so we all call her that now...she is fantastic and crazy in a fun good way...HAiley is in awe of her :)

    ReplyDelete