Thursday, November 3, 2011

iRock!




The picture below is of a very drugged Hailey the day of her oral "surgery".  It wasn't really surgery, but  the dentist needed to use anesthesia in order to be able to fix all that was wring in her mouth.  All in all, Hailey had nine cavities, plus the one that had already been removed, and she had a space maintainer put in to hold the place in her mouth for her big girl tooth to come in where the one had to be pulled.  It was a very expensive and stressful episode that we are happy to have behind us.  Like her father, Hailey has very thin enamel and we have to take extra special care of her teeth.  We learned our lesson and Aubrey is already a pro at brushing.  She is also scheduled for her first visit to Dr. Berry the pediatric dentist in February.  We love him, ao if you are a Panama City person who has kids, take them to him - they are amazing!  
And a more recent update to our dental drama:  Dr. Berry held a "Candy BuyBack" event for kids the day after Halloween.  It was hard for Hailey but we sold 4 lbs of her candy.  She got $4 for it, and we got 4 entries into a raffle for and iPad 2.  Apparently, Hailey is much luckier than her parents, because she WON the iPad.  I am very excited about it and have been using the IPad while waiting for our iMac to upload pictures and talking on my iPhone all at the same time.  iRock:)
Hailey has been busy teaching her baby sister all about Dress Up.  Aubrey loves to do anything that Hailey does and it is not unusual to find our 15 month old traipsing around our house in one princess shoe and an assortment of jewelry.  She is a smart little princess and knows that she can't walk in two shes, so she wears one and carries the other.
Aubrey is still and even more so a joyful little sprite.  She is currently obsessed with Mickey Mouse and is quite the little couch potato.  She says a ton of words, and communicates very well.  She absolutley adores Daddy and wants nothing to do with me the minute he walks through the door.  


I have continues with my attempt to teach myself how to sew.  I made the blanket and burp cloths above for a friend who just had a baby.  I also made Hailey's Halloween costume.
I have a friend who gave me her old rollerblades, so I have been rollerblading sometimes instead of just running.  Its fun and nice to change it up a bit.  My goal is to keep running until I am 20 weeks pregnant.  I am 15 weeks this week and my last run was still at my normal pace.  I do not want to gain 60lbs this time!  Hailey is learning to rollerblade too, although it generally takes us longer to get her ready than she actually spends practicing.

In response to our growing family, we bought a new car!  Its a GMC Acadia and we love it.  It has so many buttons I may never figure out how everything works.  But, it has a third row of seats and a DVD player, so Hailey is thrilled with it.



And Finally, the Halloween pictures!  We had several Halloween events - the Fall Festival at Hailey's school, the squadron Halloween Party and then we went trick or- treating with our friends.  





No comments:

Post a Comment